Friday 20 February 2015

Precedent

"To me the raw media such as earth, stones, mud, dust, and plant matter suggest realities, associations and experiences that could be aligned with an innate awareness of belonging to (African). I experience and claim the raw material as acquaintance, family and as belonging to me, and as representing the fabric of my identity. The personal, psychological and physical interaction with this particular material environment is difficult to express in words. It is an intuitive, sensuous yet also intellectual process during which a collaborative relationship of expression is entered into between myself and the medium with the aim to uncover the seductive ‘voice’ of the material and to find the most appropriate form for the material it can hold and convey" 
Angus Taylor

Angus Taylor Twenty: Stellenbosch, Smac Art, Stellenbosch


No comments:

Post a Comment